Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sharing beading patterns for fellow beaders


"Sri-vigraharadhana-nitya-nana-srngara. Srngara means decoration. Amongst the various paraphernalia of worshiping the Lord, the srngara is very essential, srngara and tan-mandira-marjanadi, and cleansing the temple. The more you cleanse the temple, the more you decorate the Deity, more your heart becomes cleansed and you become spiritually decorated."
(Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada; Arrival Lecture -- Calcutta, February 4, 1977)

Above are some humble bracelets that I made and offered to Sri Sri Nitai Gaura-Hari.
Above are some anklets that I made for Them also. The purple piece is made from buying ready-made jewelry and breaking up, then restringing to suit our needs as pujaris.
Above are more anklets that I made and offered. May you find patterns helpful if you are a beginner in beading.
One of my other interest is beading for the pleasure of the Lord. I love going to Chinese shops and shopping for beading accesories. I sometimes do beading for many hours. It brings one great joy to offer something made by oneself to the Lordships. The Lord is so beautiful that the jewelry borrows beauty from Them when offered. I find bead caps in both gold and silver to be very nice to dress up ordinary looking beads.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! All glories to your service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Madri! A devotee who makes bead jewelry asked me for some patterns - pictures of steps in making differnt designs - do you have anything like that to scan and send me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hare Krsna! By chance I happened upon your site with your beadwork. Lovely! Just yesterday I was speaking with another devotee that we cant seem to figure out how to make bead-jewellery- from the patterns we have. Obviously they are too advanced for us:-D. I too would be very interested in some simple patterns you may have- step-by-step. ys Lalita-Gopinatha dasi

    ReplyDelete