Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Appearance Day Anniversary of HH Bhakti Tirtha Swami - 2009



Dear Bhakti Tirtha Swami Maharaj,

Please accept my humble obeisance in the dust of your lotus feet. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to your dedication to his mission, your life.

Once at our temple in Hillbrow you revealed
How you would arise at 2pm to chant when you joined
Determination to overcome a bad birth you said
Inconceivable humility you had

Distributing books behind the iron curtain
On one meal of fruit you did yourself sustain
Eating only after the books were distributed
To the sankirtan mission you selflessly contributed

Through the media you impressed Lord Caitanya's message
Your presentations were bold and full of courage
At universities your conquered the students challenges
Effecting their hearts with transcendental changes

In your youth the adventures of book distribution
Earned you Srila Prabhupada’s appreciation
Pleasing him immensely were your letters
Bring him in his last days great joy in tears

As my spiritual uncle so much care to us you showed
Thus so much hope despite hardship you in us bestowed
I miss your association in vapu these days
Your smile, your enquiries, your emails - in so many ways

On this auspicious day of your appearance I pray
That I too within Srila Prabhupada’s mission stay
Using your example as my oar
May my devotion to Prabhupada soar

May I stay on the boat you left behind
May the sterling example of you always me remind
How to serve in dedication Srila Prabhupada’s mission
I offer my prayers to you in submission

Your insignificant servant,
Madri dasi







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful picture and post. Its like a sunflower exuding waves of warmth all around.

    ReplyDelete